Monday, September 27, 2010

Here we go

I have about 5 blogs...all are private...with the exception of one rather dull food blog...so I figured...time to start one that is not private that just might bring some thoughts to your mind, but more importantly thoughts to my own. First of all I am writing this so that one day my kids can read it if they really want to know what I think about outside of family life. A blog is a good way to do it, and this is probably stuff that does not need to be kept private, so that is why you are reading this!

I think a lot. Sometimes I think less than others, as evidenced by my repetitive mispelling (case in point) or my social blunders where I ask a question that probably shouldn't be asked (and if I had only thought for a moment I probably wouldn't have found the answer but I would have taken time to remind myself to not say it out loud!) Or those times when I really don't want to think about grammar, punctuation, or the fact that I know that I am not suppose to put... but it is just part of the expression on the paper. So, if all of that might bother you, then I suggest you stop reading and spend your time elsewhere because that is probably just going to be a part of this compilation of my thoughts and opinions.

Maybe you are different than me... maybe you think more than I do... maybe you think less than I do. But what I like to think is the variety is what makes it all come together. So, whether you are the same or different, or somewhere in between welcome. We may not always agree and I don't have much interest in bantering here so lets just agree sometimes that we will disagree.

Back to the original question, what has been on my mind lately. Well these past few weeks I have been thinking about all the good there is to accomplish. I have been in the middle of researching what community projects there are in my area. I have been reading about how many homeless shelters are here and I have been shocked to know there is an orphanage here in my area.

People really need people and we need people on so many levels. First we need others for basic survival (think about this in a little different sense then cast away.) Second we need others for positive affection and attention. Third we need others for satisfaction in enjoying what we have to offer and benefiting from what others have to offer. Simple, yet essential. How do we go so wrong? It isn't wired in all of us to be unkind, neglectful, inconsiderate, or thoughtless...in fact I generally believe we are wired to be exactly the opposite. So having said that, how do we go so wrong?

I am amazed that so many live on the streets. Are you? I remember growing up, I didn't have a real perspective on a lot of these issues. As I have spent considerable time with those struggle with mental illness I can understand how someone might lose all they own, might lose all they know to remain in control of where they live or how they live. But what I can not understand is how often they remain untreated and uncared for.

It is late, so I suppose for now I will stop there. I am sure I will keep chewing on this one for the rest of my life and it will pop up frequently when I think. As for you, if you are reading, try not to be judgmental of my thoughts, and try to remember it is good I am thinking. Thinking is a process, not one I claim to be right or wrong in, just one that I am working through.

No comments:

Post a Comment